As per The Paris Agreement’s article 12, SQUIRRELMASTER cooperates in taking measures to enhance climate change education, training, public participation and awareness through the campaign “I Support No More Climate Change ”.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE DIFFERENCE?
Climate change is a proven phenomenon and has significant impact on ecosystem, economy and communities. Global warming has caused grave changes to the planet, such as rising sea levels, extreme weather events, reduction in crop production, shortage of drinking water, deforestation, disappearance of species etc.
As a global responsible citizen, we together can reduce global warming by practicing some more sustainable efforts in our day to day life and in the community.
Let’s adopt some small initiative to fight climate change globally, through simple actions that can result in big changes.
Use energy carefully, save money too
- The small changes you make
- Turn off the lights and fans when you are not at office or in a room
- Change to energy-efficient light bulbs.
- Unplug computers, TVs and other electronics when you’re not using them.
- Use energy efficient appliances
- Reduce usage of electric illumination in celebrations, festivals
Opt e-options and reduce deforestation
- Stop bank statement, passbook and opt e-Statement
- Don’t use cheques, transfer money digitally
- Switch to e-Newspaper, e-Newsletter rather than printed copy
- Pay your bills online
- Do conversation through emails, e-circulars etc. avoid writing letters
- Fix e-Meeting rather than travelling miles to augment CO2 emissions
- Organise e-Conference and webinars
Reduce emissions of CO2
- Bike, walk or take public transport. Save the car trips for when you’ve got a big group
- If using car, maintain correct Tyre pressure and drive at moderate speed to reduce carbon emission.
- Shop locally and support neighborhood businesses and avoid imported items and product that brought from miles which create more emissions due to transportation
- Switch to e-Bike, e-Car option
- Reduce usage of fireworks in celebration, rather feed the hungry people
Put the 3 R’s of sustainability into practice
- Reduce: Reduce usage of plastics, reduce packaged food and products
- Reuse: Donate the items/product which you don’t use, that can be used by others. Donate used clothes and books, which can be reused by oppose and needy people. Take advantage of second-hand markets. Use refillable bottles.
- Recycle: buy and use environment friendly products which can recycle easily.
Support Government’s initiatives to promote climate change action
- Promote renewable and clean energy
- Promote more sustainable public transportation
- Correctly manage waste through recycling/reuse
- Promote Circular economy